Akki Tari Idli also called as Tatte Idli is a special idli which my mom prepares. Soaking of rice to hours is not required. Try right now and you will surely like this easy to prepare dish.
1. Akki Tari/Rice Rava - 3 cups
2. Grated Coconut - 2 cup
3. Coriander leaves - hand ful
4. Salt to taste.
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients (Akki Tari/Rice Rava, Grated Coconut, Coriander leaves, Salt).
2. Salt little more to be added than usual.
3. Take small plates in which idlis is to be prepared and Greese the Idli tatte/plate with oil/ghee over it.
4. Spread the mixture evenly over the plate as shown in the picture.
5. Sprinkle water over it (little - not much)
6. Arrange in the Idle stand and Steam cook the tatte Idlis without weight. Keep aside for cooling
7. Now you cut the tatte Idlis to desired shape.
Serve hot with any chutney of your choice. :)
PS: Rice Rava/Akki Tari is available in stores or you can prepare it at
home too. Fry the required quantity of rice on a low flame till its
warm, cool it and grind coarsely.
|Tags: Akki Tari Idli, Idli, Special Idle, Akki Tari, Easy cooking|
This is totally a new dish to me. I think you have used raw rice rava. Does this taste good with boiled rice rava? Mixing the ingredients with water is not necessary? Just sprinkling is enough? How long it has to be steamed?