Beetroot Puri is a fried puri/poori similar to Palak Puri. Enjoy this delicious pink coloured beetroot puri as a breakfast or snack with chutney.
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Fine Rava/Thin Rava: 1 cup
Maida: 1/4 cup (optional)
Beetroot: 1/2 small
Salt to taste
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Jeera powder: 1 tsp
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in kadai, fry grated beetroot for few minutes.
2. Grind beetroot to form a fine paste.
3. Mix beetroot paste, wheat flour, rava, maida, salt, garam masala, chilli powder and jeera powder. Make a soft dough with sufficient water. Let it set for 1 hour.
4. Make small sized balls from the dough and roll them with the rolling pin.
5. Heat oil in the kadai, fry the pooris in oil. Turn to the other side and let it fry for 4 - 5 seconds.
Take care not to over cook.
Serve hot pink coloured beetroot pooris with chutney
perfectly made…looks delish