Fried Gram Laddoo specially prepared for Nagarapanchami festival. This is a very delicious sweet and kids enjoy this sweet. All you need is Fried gram, Jaggery and little of Ghee.
Kuchchida Kadabu is also a very popular dish prepared on Nagara Panchami day in Karnataka.
Servings: 30 - 40 Medium Sized Laddos
Preparation Time: 45 mins
1/2 kg - Fried Gram
300 gms - Jaggery powder
Grated copra (coconut)- 3 tbsp
Cardamom - 6-8
Cashews - A handful
Pure ghee - 3 tablespoons
Raisins - A handful
1 Big glass of water
1. Dry roast Fried gram in a skillet on low flame till a pleasant aroma is released.
2. Dry roast copra in a spatula till a pleasant aroma is released and it turns a little brown and crispy.
3. Fry Cashews and then Raisins in little ghee and keep it aside.
4. Dry Powder the Fried gram from step 1 in a mixer to a smooth powder.
5. Put 1 big glass of water and jaggery in a skillet and bring it boil and then immediately filter that boiled jaggery water to remove the settled mud particles if any.
6. Then again transfer it to a skillet bring it boil and start adding ghee,roasted copra, cashews,raisins and powdered fried gram.
7. Switch off the flame.
8. Make small balls of laddoos.
9. Your delicious Laddoos are ready to eat.