Dodaapatre soppina chitranna is a super delicious quick meal ideal for lunch box.
Dodaapatre leaves have lot of medicinal values like treating cold, reduces the phlegm in young children, works wonders for constipation & acidity.
You can see the click of the Doddapatre plant from our graden:
Cooked Rice: 1.5 cups
Salt : As needed
Doddapatre leaves : 10 - 12
Tamarind: 1 small sized ball
Jeera Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Channa Dal : 1 tsp
Urad Dal : 1 tsp
Dry Coconut Chopped pieces : 12 pieces or 1/2 cup
Red Chillies (Byadagi) : 4 nos.
For Tempering :
Mustard : 1tsp
Channa & Urad Dal : 1 tsp (mixed)
Hing : A pinch
Groundnuts : 1 tbsp
Curry leaves : 1 strand
Oil : 1 tbsp
1. In a kadai heat a tsp of oil and add the urad dal, channa dal, jeera and roast them until they turn golden. Transfer this to a mixer jar.
2. Now add the red chillies and roast them for about 1- 2 minutes. Add the dry coconut pieces and fry for a minute until the aroma comes. Cool and add this to the mixie along with other ingredients.
3. Wash the doddapatre leaves and fry them for few minutes, Transfer this to mixie jar as well.
4. Now grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste along with tamarind .
5. Prepare the tempering. Heat oil in a wide bottomed pan and add mustard, once it starts spluttering add the channa and urad dal, groundnuts, curry leaves and hing. Fry till the groundnuts are done ( the skin will start to peel).
6. Now add the ground paste and fry for a minute. Mix in the cooked rice, sprinkle some salt and mix until everything is well incorporated.
Super delicious dodaapatre soppina chitranna is ready to serve.
|Tags: Doddapatre leaves, easy chitranna , ideal for lunch|