The celebrations of Makara Sankranti in Karnataka is marked by preparing and distributing "ellu-bella" (ಎಳ್ಳು ಬೆಲ್ಲ)and Sakkare-achhu (sugar candy molds) to friends and relatives. People greet with the words "Ellu bella thindu, Olle Maathu Aadu", meaning "Eat sesame seeds and jaggery and speak only good". The significance of this exchange is that sweetness should prevail in all the dealings.
1. White Sesame seeds - 3 tbsp
2. Dry Coconut - 1
3. Peanuts - 1 cup
4. Fried gram/Hurigadale/Putaani - 1 cup
5. Jaggery - 1 cup
1. Grate the outer black portion of the dry coconut and cut into small pieces (uniformly) and dry in sunlight for 2 days.
2. Similarly cut jaggery also to small pieces and dry in sunlight.
3. Roast peanuts, make sure it does not turn to brown color, remove the husk.
4. Roast sesame seeds slightly.
5. Mix all the above ingredients together.
|Tags: Ellu Bella, sankranti special, sankranti|
super display feel like eating now itself gud back ground .Wish
u and your family a very happy pongle.
nice look of ellu bella and accuhu. SHANKRANTI S - SAMPATHU, A- ANANDA , N - NEMMADI , K - EERTHI , R - RAMANIYATE, A - ATNIYATE , T - TRUPTI , I - ISHWARYA NIMMADAGALI. WISH U AND UR
FMLY HAPY MAKARA SANKRANTI.
BEVU + BELLA , SIHI + KAHI, ELLU + BELLA, SUKA +DUKKA, KOBRI + BELLA E JEEVANA VARSHADA MODALA HABBA. I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HAPPY SANKRANTI.
you r grt nice sakara acchu done by you i m one of the buyer of your acchu very well u have done. accept my hearty congratulation u deserve all appreciations. god bless u. wish you a very happy pongal.
Is one reminds me of college,,,:)
In my doter's school , they gave for sankranti. It was very nice. healthy combination :)