Mouth watering !!!!! Aralu Sandige is a kind of deep fried fryums. Aralu Sandige goes very well with Rice and Rasam or Bisibelebhath. Dried Sandige/fryums can be stored for a long time. My mom is an expert in doing this sandige. We learnt making all these fryums from my mom(Kumuda). She will be having stock of all these fryums in her kitchen.
1. Aralu /Puffed Rice - 5 litres
2. Ash Pumpkin/White Pumpkin - 100 gms (1 small cup - finely chopped)
3. Green Chillies - 10-12 (make a fine paste of chillies)
4. Coriander leaves - finely chopped 2 tbsp
5. Salt to taste
6. Asafoetida - 1 tsp
1. Clean the Aralu well.
2. Mix finely chopped Ash pumkin, green chilly paste, salt to taste, chopped coriander leaves, Asafoetida in a big vessel.
3. Take another big vessel with water, Add little by little of Aralu to the water and dampen it, squeeze out(lightly) the water well, (dont put much pressure - or else aralu will get powdered) and add it to step 2 vessel. Repeat the same for entire aralu. When done mix the stuff lightly.
4. Take clean plastic sheet, spread the sheet in bright sunlight.
5. Just Dip your hand in water once and then make small balls out of the aralu mixture (step 3), pat it and spread it on the sheet (as shown in the picture)
6. Dry them in hot sun for a couple of days.
7. Store all the dried Aralu Sandige in air tight jar.
8. Deep fry Aralu Sandige whenever you need. A perfect snack for an evening with Tea/Coffee. Also goes very well with Rice and Rasam or Bisibelebhath....Mouth watering!!!!
|Tags: fryums, papads, sandige, aralu, puffed rice|